Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Nuga in stil romanesc
- 4 wafer sheets
- 7 egg whites
- 1 lb / 500 g confectioner's sugar
- 8 oz / 250 g walnuts
- 8 oz / 250 g honey
- juice from ½ lemon
- Whip the egg whites with the sugar in a double boiler on the range.
- Gradually add hot honey.
- Beat until the mixture starts to come off the egg-beater.
- At this moment, remove from heat, set aside and add walnuts and lemon juice.
- On a wooden cutting board, lay 2 wafer sheets (one on top of the other), spread with the prepared mixture in a uniform layer and cover with the other 2 wafer sheets.
- When cold, cut into pieces of the desired shape.