In Romanian: Nuga in stil romanesc
- 4 wafer sheets
- 7 egg whites
- 1 lb / 500 g confectioner's sugar
- 8 oz / 250 g walnuts
- 8 oz / 250 g honey
- juice from ½ lemon
- Whip the egg whites with the sugar in a double boiler on the range.
- Gradually add hot honey.
- Beat until the mixture starts to come off the egg-beater.
- At this moment, remove from heat, set aside and add walnuts and lemon juice.
- On a wooden cutting board, lay 2 wafer sheets (one on top of the other), spread with the prepared mixture in a uniform layer and cover with the other 2 wafer sheets.
- When cold, cut into pieces of the desired shape.