Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Adapted from a Scandinavian Cooking recipe by Beatrice Ojakangas. Note: the waffles are traditionally served cold with fruit and whipped cream.
- Serves 4 to 6.
- Makes 8 waffles or 40 heart-shaped waffles.
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom, freshly ground is best
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream, light or heavy sour cream will work
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- fresh strawberries sweetened with sugar, lingonberries, or other fresh berries
- whipped cream
- Place eggs and sugar in a food processor bowl.
- Mix for 5 minutes or until egg mixture is thick and lemon colored.
- It will form a ribbon when a spatula is used to check the mixture.
- Add salt and cardamon.
- Add sour cream and melted butter.
- Pulse quickly a couple times. Do not over pulse batter.
- Sprinkle flour over surface. Pulse once or twice quickly. Pulse only to fold in the flour.
- Let batter stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the waffle iron. Traditionally a heart-shaped waffle iron is used to make these waffles. Any waffle iron will do.
- Pour about ¾ cup batter into heated waffle iron.
- Bake until steaming stops.
- Serve warm or cool with choice of toppings.