Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 07.14.07
- Total time: 15 minutes plus chilling time
- Makes about 2 cups
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1½ cups non-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons pepper-flavored vodka, such as Absolut Peppar 
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Cut half of the salmon into chunks.
- Dice the remaining salmon.
- Place cottage cheese in a fine-mesh sieve and press on it to remove excess moisture.
- Transfer the cottage cheese to a food processor.
- Add the salmon chunks, vodka, lemon juice, mustard and horseradish.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to bowl and fold in the diced salmon.
- Refrigerate until chilled. 
- Serve on crostini with freshly cracked pepper.
- Makes a terrific pasta sauce as well. Add red pepper flakes when tossing with hot pasta. Or serve chilled as a pasta salad, with the addition of minced veggies (great way to empty out the fridge!)
- ↑ Plain vodka can be substituted for the pepper-flavored vodka, but season generously with cracked pepper.
- ↑ Make ahead tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 2 tablespoon serving:
- 41 calories | 1 g carbohydrate | 0 g fiber | 5 g protein | 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono) | 4 mg cholesterol | 214 mg sodium | 29 mg potassium.