Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 07.14.07
- Total time: 15 minutes plus chilling time
- Makes about 2 cups
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1½ cups non-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons pepper-flavored vodka, such as Absolut Peppar 
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Cut half of the salmon into chunks.
- Dice the remaining salmon.
- Place cottage cheese in a fine-mesh sieve and press on it to remove excess moisture.
- Transfer the cottage cheese to a food processor.
- Add the salmon chunks, vodka, lemon juice, mustard and horseradish.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to bowl and fold in the diced salmon.
- Refrigerate until chilled. 
- Serve on crostini with freshly cracked pepper.
- Makes a terrific pasta sauce as well. Add red pepper flakes when tossing with hot pasta. Or serve chilled as a pasta salad, with the addition of minced veggies (great way to empty out the fridge!)
- ↑ Plain vodka can be substituted for the pepper-flavored vodka, but season generously with cracked pepper.
- ↑ Make ahead tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 2 tablespoon serving:
- 41 calories | 1 g carbohydrate | 0 g fiber | 5 g protein | 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono) | 4 mg cholesterol | 214 mg sodium | 29 mg potassium.