Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. It was obtained when the family collection was purchased from the Burnett Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1981.
- 2 cups scalded milk
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 7 cups flour, divided into 6 cups + 1 cup
- Add shortening, sugar and salt to scalded milk then allow to cool.
- Dissolve yeast and ½ teaspoon sugar in warm water.
- Add eggs and yeast to milk mixture.
- Beat in 6 cups flour a little at a time.
- When dough can be handled, turn out on floured surface and knead using reserved 1 cup flour until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise covered for 20 minutes.
- Punch down and let rise 20 more minutes.
- Roll into balls and arrange in greased muffin tins (3 per cup)
- Allow to rise 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter when done.