Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Dated 1947. This is a very good recipe. I have made it several times and it is a huge hit.
- 3-pounds chuck pot roast
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 5 medium carrots, pared and cut in 2-inch lengths
- 5 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 6 juniper berries
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sauerkraut
- Trim any fat from Beef.
- In hot oil in 5-quart dutch oven brown Beef turning on all sides about 15 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions, thyme, water, vinegar, juniper berries and salt to Beef.
- Cook over medium heat covered for 2 hours turning once.
- Wash and drain sauerkraut.
- Add to Beef.
- Cook covered 30 minutes longer stirring occasionally.
- Remove Beef and vegetables to platter.