Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 2 small loaves, about 6 slices each.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup almonds, filberts and sunflower seeds (chopped)
- ¼ cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, unsifted
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat empty 16-oz cans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, nuts, dry milk, whole-wheat flour, raisins and orange zest.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, buttermilk, and walnut oil; add to flour mixture and blend well.
- Spoon batter into cans and bake 50 minutes or until golden.
- Loosen bread from cans with small spatula and cool on rack.
Nutritional information Edit
- cal: 151 | cho: 24g | car: 23g | pro: 5g | sod: 254mg | fat: 5g
- Food exchanges: 1½ starch/bread + ½ fat