Serve 3 meatballs per serving with a little of the sauce.
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ tsp salt (optional)
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 large egg whites
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 lbs very lean ground beef
- ⅔ cup cream of mushroom soup
- Place first 4 ingredients and ¼ cup milk in mixer bowl and mix at low speed to blend well.
- Add beef to mixer bowl and mix at low speed to blend well.
- Shape 18 meatballs using about 1 ½ tablespoons mix per meatball.
- (the mixture will be soft).
- Place in a 9 x 13 pan that has been lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 minutes at 375°F.
- Remove from pan while still hot and place in a 1½ quart casserole.
- Mix soup and remaining ½ cup milk well and pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
1 serving = 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat | calories = 14