Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beans, Great Northern Dry by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- ½ cup dry Great northern beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup dry macaroni
- 1 tablespoon/serving Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Soak beans using quick soak method and cook according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Combine tuna, soup, tomatoes, carrots, celery, parsley, and water in a large stew pot.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- Add macaroni and beans; cook for 30 minutes.
- optional: sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.