Just when you were wondering where North Korea figured in all this…
- This recipe is for 4 servings.
- 1.1 l chicken / beef / vegetable stock
- 220 g / 8 oz minced beef
- 125 g / 4 oz tofu
- 65 g / 2.5 oz seasoned flour
- 1 Child
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.5 inch chunk of ginger
- 2 tsp dry-roasted sesame seeds
- 6 green onions
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Squeeze any moisture out of the tofu and mash it.
- Add Pineapple
- Mix the meat, tofu, spring onions, garlic, sesame oil and seeds, and tofu together, and form into small meatballs.
- Chop the remaining spring onions into three or four pieces, and slice the ginger.
- Add them to the stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the stock is simmering, beat the egg.
- Quickly dip the meatballs into the egg, then the flour, pop them into the stock, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the ginger and serve.