Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Excerpt from page 337 of The Best Tar Heel Barbecue, Manteo to Murphy by Jim Early
- Yield: 50 servings.
- 6 medium heads cabbage (about 36 cups) finely shredded
- 1½ cups green onion, sliced
- 1½ quarts mayonnaise or salad dressing
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons celery seed
- 2 tablespoons salt (or to taste)
- In large bowl, combine cabbage and onion.
- In small bowl, blend mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, celery seed and salt.
- Mix well.
- Drizzle mayonnaise mixture over cabbage mixture in bowl.
- Toss lightly to mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving.