Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Excerpt from page 337 of The Best Tar Heel Barbecue, Manteo to Murphy by Jim Early
- Yield: 50 servings.
- 6 medium heads cabbage (about 36 cups) finely shredded
- 1½ cups green onion, sliced
- 1½ quarts mayonnaise or salad dressing
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons celery seed
- 2 tablespoons salt (or to taste)
- In large bowl, combine cabbage and onion.
- In small bowl, blend mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, celery seed and salt.
- Mix well.
- Drizzle mayonnaise mixture over cabbage mixture in bowl.
- Toss lightly to mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving.