Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
North Carolina Collard Soup
- 1 bunch collard greens (with out stems - chopped)
- 5 potatoes (cut and peeled)
- 1 can chicken soup or bullion cubes
- 2 onions (chopped)
- salt, pepper to taste
- precooked pieces of ham or sausage as desired
- Put enough water in a large pot to boil all the ingredients.
- Add and cook greens, potatoes, soup (or cubes), onions and salt/pepper on stove for 40 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Then add ham pieces or tiny sausages and boil 5 more minutes.
- Serve with corn bread...delicious and full of warmth.