Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is Norm's recipe from Norm's Gourmet Works in Negril, Jamaica.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup ripe bananas (Mashed)
- 1/2 cup milk (whole)
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (Solid)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans, already toasted and chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and Flour 9 1/4 by 5 by 2 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine together Flour,Baking Powder,Salt and Baking Soda in bowl.
- In another bowl mix Mashed Bananas,Milk and Vanilla extract.
- Beat Shortening in a large bowl until it becomes creamy.
- Gradually beat in Sugar and Eggs one egg at a time.
- As you add each egg beat well with your Electric Blender.
- Add Banana Mixture and Flour mixture alternately into shortening mixture.
- Last ingredients to add are Pecans.
- Now put ingredients in Baking Pan.
- Time in Oven about 1hr, test center before you take out.
- If it's done allow 5 minutes to cool, then turn onto rack and cool completely!
- Try a slice while it's nice and warm, enjoy!