Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
What seems simple is in reality bursting with flavor. You can use any kind of noodles for this Asian inspired dish. Rice noodles look and taste particularly good; make sure to get the medium to wide width noodles. Chinese egg noodles also work very well. Serve with fish and chicken dishes, or as an al fresco lunch.
- 1 bunch of scallions, trimmed
- 8 oz flat rice noodles (medium or wide width)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the scallions into three sections, then put them in a small roasting pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the sesame oil over the scallions and roast for 10 minutes, until they are lightly charred and tender. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package and drain thoroughly.
- Toss with the scallions and oyster sauce, and season with plenty of pepper. Serve immediately.