Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 8 oz uncooked broad egg noodles
- 3 large eggs, beaten, or ¾ cup egg substitute
- ¾ cup low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large tart apple, peeled, cored, and diced in ¼-inch pieces
- ¼ cup raisins, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained
- ¼ cup margarine, melted
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, omitting salt; drain well.
- There should be 4 cups of cooked noodles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f.
- Prepare an 8-inch-square pan with non-stick pan spray.
- Combine the eggs, cottage cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in the noodles, apple, and raisins.
- Pour into the prepared dish.
- Drizzle the margarine evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cut the kugel into 12 equal pieces (about 2 x 2 inches).
- Serve hot or chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (one 2 x 2½-inch square):
- 156 Calories | 6g Fat | 71mg Cholesterol | 122mg Sodium | 20g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 6g Sugars | 6g Protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 1½ starch | 1 fat