Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly, tops included
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3 cans chicken broth (14½ oz cans) or 6 cups homemade chicken stock
- 2 cups pumpkin purée or 1 can (16 oz) solid pack pumpkin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup undiluted, evaporated skim milk
- salt and pepper to taste (canned chicken broth and canned pumpkin may contain added salt. Taste the finished soup before adding salt, as additional salt may not be needed)
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped parsley
- In a 6-quart saucepan, sauté onions, green onions, celery and chili pepper in oil.
- Cook until onions begin to look translucent.
- Add broth, pumpkin, bay leaf, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add evaporated milk and cook over low heat 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer hot soup to pumpkin tureen.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serve hot.