Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup dry milk powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast (2 pkgs)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1¼ cups warm water (110 to 115°F)
- 1½ cups bran or 2 cups bran cereal
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Stir together the flour, dry milk powder, and salt.
- Combine the yeast honey , warm water, and bran in a large mixing bowl.
- Let the yeast mixture stand 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, oil, and about half of the flour mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and stir to form a sticky dough.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Stir down and pour into a lightly greased 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for about 40 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
Nutritional information Edit
Food value per 1/18 of loaf:
- 128 calories
- Exchange exchange values: 1 bread + 1 fat