Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A garden fresh avocado sandwich.
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- ½ Cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- 10 oz tortilla chips
- 2 Cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 California avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ Cup sour cream
- Jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- Combine tomato sauce, chiles, green pepper, green onion and hot pepper sauce in bowl.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Place tortilla chips in shallow 8 x 10 inch baking dish.
- Pour sauce over chips
- Sprinkle grated cheese over all.
- Broil nachos 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Just before serving, seed, peel and mash avocado.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon avocado mixture and sour cream on hot nachos and top with jalapeno slices.
- Serve immediately.