Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Japanese beef and potato stew. Ofukuro no aji — Mom's cooking: This is a typical Japanese dish served at dinner. The main ingredients are russet potatoes, onions, and beef. The flavoring is based on soy sauce and sugar, very common for a Japanese dish.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 4 to 5 pieces each
- ⅓ lb beef, thinly sliced
- ⅔ lb yellow onions, sliced (about ⅓ inch wide)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400 cc water (about 1½ cups)
- 3 tablespoons or more soy sauce (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons or more brown sugar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sake or white wine
- Prepare vegetables as described above.
- Heat a deep pan and add oil and beef.
- Saute for a couple of minutes, then add onion and potato.
- Continue sauteing for 3 minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sake or wine.
- Bring to a simmer half covered.
- Skim off any foam and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes until potatoes are done.