Serve with Salad, pitta bread and hummous. This is a wonderful Middle Eastern-style dish.
- 1 bag spinach
- ⅓ cup of onion
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pint of mushroom
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne (red pepper)
- Cover the bottom of a large pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil.
- Brown a minced clove of garlic and ⅓ cup onion.
- Add: 1 cup tomato sauce (or tomatoes).
- Chop 1 pint of fresh mushrooms and add to sauce.
- Season with: black pepper, and cayenne (red pepper).
- You may add more cayenne for a really hot taste.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Chop spinach and add to sauce.
- Cook until spinach is done.