- 3 pounds stewing beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped or ground in blender
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper, crushed or ground
- fresh red tomatoes, chopped or ground in blender (optionally, one 6 oz can tomato paste)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 2 Maggi cubes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Cut up beef (or goat meat) in small pieces and place in stewing pot.
- Combine with water, salt, and onion.
- Boil until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from pot and save water in a bowl.
- Heat oil in stewing pot, add and brown onion.
- Add meat and ground tomatoes or dilute tomato paste with water and add to meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients one by one, stirring each as added.
- Simmer for ten minutes and serve.