This fresh and cool salad of mangoes and avocado from Niger will be a delicious, sweet, refreshing touch to any hot day. This is Josué; hope you are enjoying El Buen Vivir.
- 2 mangoes
- ½ fresh pineapple
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 4 avocados, to use as cups
- 2 or 3 fresh strawberries per salad
- lettuce leaves
- First cut 2 mangoes in ½-inch cubes in a 2-quart bowl.
- Add ½ fresh pineapple cut in ½-inch cubes.
- Blend: ½-cup lemon juice with 1 cup apricot nectar and pour juices over fruit.
- Peel the 4 avocados, cut them in half, and remove the pit.
- Fill with the mango mixture and serve on a lettuce bed.
- Garnish with 2 or 3 fresh strawberries per salad.