Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ngephe Gyaw (Fritters) is a delicious and flavorful appetizer to complement any meal.
- 450 g (1 lb) featherback fish, or cod, kingfish or flounder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- water to moisten fingers
- 250 ml (1 cup) oil for deep frying
- Fillet the fish and flake the flesh then put in a mortar.
- Put in garlic and ginger and pound the mixture to a paste.
- Add in the turmeric, salt and chili flakes.
- Pound for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Moisten your hands with water and scoop some of the pasty mixture and flatten it on your palm until it resembles a cookie.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep-fry the fish fritters for 4 – 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil in absorbent paper before serving.