1. Place a fresh Ngege on a cutting board (at a 45 degree angle) . Take a large kitchen knife and scrape off the scales. Cut the 's belly and remove all the contents. Rinse thoroughly in warm water.
3. Heat a quart of oil in a flat pan till the temperature reaches 350 degrees F.
4. Place the in the pan and heat in oil till it turns a golden brown.
8. Place each gently on the Sufuria and cover. Bring to a boil and remove after 30 minutes.
9. The is best served with Ugali (no salt please...-), Sukuma wiki, cabbages or any other vegetable.