Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 kg fillets
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- banana or bamboo leaves and aluminum foil for wrapping
Wash the fillets and dry. Cut into serving pieces. Set aside. Put desiccated coconut, hot water, garlic and grated ginger in a blender. Blend until coconut is finely ground. Pour mixture in a bowl. Add in the other seasonings. Mix well. Put fillets on banana or bamboo leaves. Put 3-4 teaspoons of coconut mixture on top of fillet and wrap in foil. Steam for 15 minutes.