Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If we travel and I find pumpkin, this is the recipe I indulge in! 4-6 servings. 40 minutes preparation
- 4 cups peeled chopped pumpkin
- 90 g butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- freshly grated nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk (optional)
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- Cook pumpkin and Onion in 60 grams (2oz) butter for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add water and cook gently until pumpkin is very tender.
- Push through a sieve or pureé in blender with a little of the milk.
- Melt remaining butter in clean pan and stir in flour, then pumpkin pureé and remaining milk stirring until well blended.
- Season with salt, pepper& nutmeg.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- If desired take out a little soup, blend with egg yolk and stir back into big soup mixture just before serving.