This is a traditional New Zealand summer dessert, rich and sweet easy to make and very impressive. Can be made ahead and frozen for a week or two. As yet have not found anyone who dislikes it.
- Beat egg whites and cornflour well.
- Add vinegar and vanilla beat.
- Add Sugar gradually while beating continue beating until Sugar is dissolved and mixture forms peaks.
- butter baking paper then wet.
- Spread mixture on paper about 2-3 inches deep in a circle.
- Place in preheated oven 180 C turn oven off and bake 1 1/2 hours
- Leave in oven until completely cool
- Cover with sweetened whipped cream and decorate with either chocolate, nuts or fruit, serve either on its own or with fruit.