Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hartman Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 New York strips
- ½ cup black peppercorns freshly cracked
- ¼ cup butter softened
- olive oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 large shallot clove chopped fine
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup beef stock
- Place sauté pan over heat and coat bottom of pan with olive oil and allow it to heat to medium hot temperature.
- While pan is heating season steak with salt then lightly coat each one on both sides with cracked peppercorns thoroughly.
- Place each steak in pan and sear each side well.
- Remove steaks and place in oven to complete cooking to desired doneness.
- Drain pan and add 2 teaspoons soft butter, chopped shallots and additional cracked black pepper.
- Caramelize shallots and add brandy carefully.
- Flame brandy and cook 1 minute then add beef stock and heavy cream.
- Cook until thickened then add remaining butter and whisk until smooth.
- Place steaks on warmed dinner plate and pour some sauce over top.