This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hartman Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 New York strips
- ½ cup black peppercorns freshly cracked
- ¼ cup butter softened
- olive oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 large shallot clove chopped fine
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup beef stock
- Place sauté pan over heat and coat bottom of pan with olive oil and allow it to heat to medium hot temperature.
- While pan is heating season steak with salt then lightly coat each one on both sides with cracked peppercorns thoroughly.
- Place each steak in pan and sear each side well.
- Remove steaks and place in oven to complete cooking to desired doneness.
- Drain pan and add 2 teaspoons soft butter, chopped shallots and additional cracked black pepper.
- Caramelize shallots and add brandy carefully.
- Flame brandy and cook 1 minute then add beef stock and heavy cream.
- Cook until thickened then add remaining butter and whisk until smooth.
- Place steaks on warmed dinner plate and pour some sauce over top.