- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- To prepare the crust, in a large bowl, combine the flour, Sugar, and lemon zest.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Using a fork, stir in the egg yolk and vanilla until all the dough is moistened.
- Pat one third of the crust over the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with its sides removed.
- Bake for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool.
- Grease the sides of the springform pan and attach to the bottom.
- Pat the remaining two thirds of the crust around the sides, coming up to a height of about 2 inches.
- Increase the oven temperature to 475 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl at medium speed, beat together the cream cheese, Sugar, and salt until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the sour cream and mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Watch the top of the cake to avoid overbrowning.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees F and bake for an additional 60 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, gently run a thin-bladed knife around the inside edges of the pan to loosen the sides of the cake. #When completely cool, carefully remove the sides of the pan.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.