Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit and Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 bunch (5 lbs.) collard greens
- ½ lb lean pork
- 2 quarts water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Check leaves of collards carefully; remove pulpy stems and discolored spots on leaves.
- Wash leaves thoroughly; drain well and chop. Set aside.
- Cut pork into ½-in. thick slices.
- Cook in an 8-quart dutch oven until golden brown.
- Slowly add water and bring to a boil.
- Add collards and other ingredients.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30-45 minutes or until collards are tender, stirring occasionally.