Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
New Potato Leek Soup from The Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original s ource of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: About 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 lb new potatoes, halved
- 3 small leeks, trimmed
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1¾ cups vegetable stock
- 1¾ cups water
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- small handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Halve the leeks lengthwise and then cut across into thin slices.
- Melt butter into a saucepan.
- Add the potatoes, mustard seeds, onion, garlic, white wine and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, water and nutmeg and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add leeks and cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes.