Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 x 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- 6 frozen fillets of sole or other white fish (about 1½ pounds), partially thawed
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook onion, celery and garlic in butter in large skillet over medium heat until tender crisp.
- Stir in salt, curry powder, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil.
- Add fish and green pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until flakes easily with fork.
- Serve over hot rice.