Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: River Road Recipes IV
- Serves 10 to 12
- 2 large loaves stale French bread, cubed
- 1 quart fresh oysters
- 1 bunch parsley, trimmed and chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp (heaping) bacon drippings
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp thyme
- salt and red pepper to taste
- Dry the bread cubes on a baking sheet at 200°F.
- Drain the oysters, reserving the liquor and discarding any shells.
- Cut large oysters into halves if desired.
- Soak the bread cubes in the reserved oyster liquor in bowl.
- Saute the parsley, green onions, bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic in a mixture of the bacon drippings and ½ cup of the butter in a large skillet until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the sautéed vegetables, bread cubes, remaining ½ cup butter, oysters, thyme, salt and red pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the dressing into a baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F until brown and bubbly.