In Romanian: Pesmeciori cuiburi
- ¾ cup sugar
- 5 oz / 150 g butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- flour as needed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- Cream the eggs with the sugar.
- Add the vanilla, softened butter (margarine) and the baking soda dissolved in the lemon juice or vinegar.
- Knead a very stiff dough and then grind it through the meat grinder.
- Arrange the little sticks that come out of the grinding machine in small piles, nest fashion.
- Place on the previously oiled baking sheet and bake at medium heat.
- When still hot, sprinkle with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.