- 1 lb potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 3 ounces sesame seeds
- 4 large hot green chile peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- lettuce leaves, as needed
- Boil potatoes until tender; drain and set aside.
- Toast sesame seeds in a hot oven until fragrant and lightly colored.
- Cool then grind in food processor with hot chiles, garlic, ginger and cilantro.
- Add lemon juice and salt.
- Mix sesame seed paste with warm potatoes and toss lightly.
- Sauté fenugreek seeds in oil; pour over salad and mix lightly.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.