Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In a blender combine all the marinating ingredients to form a smooth paste.
- Pour the marinating paste over the chicken in a large bowl.
- Mix well, cover, and let marinate for at least four hours.
- Grill the marinated chicken on a charcoal grill, occasionally turning until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Cut grilled chicken into 1-in strips.
- In a sauce pan heat 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Fry dry whole red peppers till dark.
- Add turmeric and stir for 15 sec.
- Add onions, sauté in medium heat till brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, red chilies, cumin, coriander, black pepper, and salt to the onion mixture.
- Fry for 30 seconds, and add tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Lower the heat and let the tomato-onion mixture simmer for 10 minutes till it thickens.
- Transfer grilled chicken strips to the sauce, stir well.
- Cook for another 10 minutes to evaporate excess liquid so that the chicken pieces are coated with the sauce.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with rice, or roti (whole wheat flat bread).