- 1 Package of neckbones
- 1 Package of frozen corn, Peas, okra and lima beans
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- A dash of Lawry's seasoned salt
- Add black pepper to taste
- Add two large bay leaves
- 2 chopped large yellow onions.
Cook neckbones in a large dutch oven or a really large pot. Add onions, season salt and pepper, skim fat and slim off the meat. Cook until it is so tender that the meat falls off the bone. You can leave the bones or remove them. Add the veggies and the bay leaves and stew for 45 minutes on low heat. At this time make some jiffy corn bread. I always serve lemonade and then my folks sit down at the table! Don't forget to bless the food!