- 1 Package of neckbones
- 1 Package of frozen corn, Peas, okra and lima beans
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- A dash of Lawry's seasoned salt
- Add black pepper to taste
- Add two large bay leaves
- 2 chopped large yellow onions.
- cut up potatoes (depends on how many you want in the soup)
- 1 or 2 cans of tomato sauce
Cook neckbones in a large dutch oven or a really large pot. Add onions
so tender that the meat falls off the bone. You can leave the bones or
remove them. Add the veggies and the bay leaves and stew for 45 minutes
on low heat. At this time make some jiffy corn bread. I always serve
lemonade and then my folks throw down at the table! Don't forget to
bless the food!