Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- 1 (12-ounce) nonfat poundcake; cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice 2 pint baskets California strawberries, stemmed (divided)
- 10 tablespoons Sugar (divided)
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla lowfat whipped topping, mint leaves and additional strawberries, for garnish (optional)
- Place cake in 2 1/2- to 3-quart trifle bowl or other glass bowl; pour juice over and set aside.
- In blender or food processor puree 1 basket of the strawberries with 4 tablespoons of the Sugar, pour over cake.
- Slice the remaining strawberries; arrange over cake and set aside.
- To make custard, in heavy-bottomed saucepan combine milk, egg substitute, vanilla and the remaining 6 tablespoons Sugar over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly until mixture has thickened slightly and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly. Pour custard over strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours. Garnish, if desired.