Nazaqat-e-sooran. This delicate dish can be served with tomato ketchup but best with sesame seed chutney.
- from: monty 10:24, 17 March 2007 (MST)
- Please mail the comments regarding the recipe at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 kg yam (sooran)
- 100 g onion paste
- 50 g pistachios
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 g asafoetida
- butter to shallow fry
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp mace powder
- 100 g mashed cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 tsp roasted cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- Boil yam till cooked.
- Peel and mash.
- Add all the ingredients except butter & pistachios to mashed yam.
- Form the mixture in to balls.
- Stuff with pistachios and flatten.
- Shallow fry on girdle and serve hot.