Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tinsley Estate in Venus, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 slices chopped bacon
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 3 onions roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ pound potatoes peeled and sliced
- Cook bacon, onion, carrot, garlic and thyme in pan then remove to casserole dish.
- Brown chops in olive oil then add to vegetables.
- Sprinkle flour in pan then stir in tomato paste and ½ cup water to thicken.
- Cook for 1 minute then add to casserole.
- Pour in stock then cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and remove bones then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover top of casserole with thick layer of potatoes.
- Replace and bake 45 minutes longer.
- Remove lid then cook 30 minutes longer.