- 1 lb lamb, cubed
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tbsp garlic and ginger, ground
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ lb onions
- ¼ lb potatoes
- ¼ lb eggplant
- ¼ lb turnip
- ¼ lb carrots
- ¼ lb okra
- ¼ lb cauliflower
- ¼ lb green beans
- ¼ lb cabbage
- ¼ lb chopped spinach
- ¼ lb peas
- ¼ lb zucchini or marrow
- Wash all the vegetables and cut into 1" pieces.
- Fry all the vegetables with half of the oil until light brown and set aside.
- Heat rest of the oil in a large saucepan, add sliced onions, and fry until light brown.
- Add salt and spices to onions and fry for a few minutes.
- Wash cubed lamb and add to onions and fry until light brown.
- Add 1 cup of hot water and cook over slow fire until meat is tender.
- When meat is tender, and only a little water remains add all the vegetables.
- Mix vegetables and meat together and cook over a slow fire, stirring gently to avoid mashing the vegetables, for about 5 minutes.
- Place in a medium oven for 5-10 minutes, until oil separates.