Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb venison
- 3 medium turnips - (to 4)
- 6 potatoes - (to 7)
- 1 small winter squash
- 5 onions peeled, chopped
- 1 whole smoked garlic bulb
- 2 tbsp buffalo jerky
- 2 small hot chili peppers
- ½ tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp bacon fat - (to 3)
- 2 tbsp fresh sage - (to 3)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme - (to 3)
- 2 tbsp fresh marjoram - (to 3)
- 2 bay leaves - (to 3)
- 2 dozen cornhusks soaked in water
- water to cover stew
- Cut venison into ½-inch by 1-inch pieces.
- Cut turnip into small pieces.
- Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces.
- Peel and seed winter squash, cut into pieces smaller than potatoes and turnips.
- Put meat, vegetables and garlic in clay pot with a top.
- Add jerky, peppers, chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Stir in bacon fat.
- Wash herbs well and place them, with stems on, on top of other ingredients.
- Fill the cooker with water.
- Put top on pot.
- Cook the ingredients in a crockpot on high for 6 hours, then overnight on low.