Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If this is to be eaten as a savory, sprinkle a little red chili or paprika on top just before serving. This is cooked like cornmeal mush, molded in a bread pan, and then sliced and fried. It is delicious with a clear corn flavor and odd purple-blue color. It's good with eggs and bacon, or with butter.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, add salt to taste, and whisk in the cornmeal.
- Lower the heat and stir the cornmeal for 10 minutes or until it tastes done.
- The coarser the meal, the longer it will take.
- Pour the cooked cereal onto a cookie sheet or into a bread pan and set it aside to cool for an hour or so or until firm.
- Once it has cooled, slice it into pieces for frying.
- Fry the slices in butter or oil in a nonstick pan until lightly crisped on both sides.