Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 5 lb flour
- 6 cup lukewarm water
- 2 pkt or 2 tablespoons powdered yeast
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk (liquid or powdered)
- 1 cup oil
- Add water to a large bowl.
- Add yeast to water; stir until dissolved.
- Add Sugar, salt, milk and oil.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add flour, 2 - 3 cups at a time and mix.
- Keep adding flour until it is all in.
- It gets thick.
- Knead to finish the mixing.
- Knead until it stays together;
- not shiny or hard, but it will stick to the fingers.
- Cover with waxed paper and tuck it in around the ball.
- Cover entire bowl with a towel and let rise 30 minutes.
- Remove wax paper.
- oil hands, sprinkle the top of the ball with a little flour and re-knead.
- Knead until it is no longer sticking to hands or bowl.
- Heat 48 ounces of oil to 365 F.
- Test oil - make a golf ball-sized ball, put in oil.
- If the ball rises to the surface of the oil quickly, it is ready.
- Take another piece of dough, about the size of a tennis ball and pull it out thin.
- Put a hole in the middle to keep it from bubbling up with air.
- Brown each side for 1 minute, until evenly brown.
- Shake of excess oil.