A Catfish recipe.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
3. Mix ground pine nuts, cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin in a shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper. Dredge Catfish fillets in the pine nut mixture. Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry Catfish fillets, two at a time, in the hot oil for 4 minutes on each side or until flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle fillets with whole pine nuts and serve.