Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 16 slender asparagus spears, trimmed to 5-inch lengths
- 6 large eggs
- 1 x 4-oz. pkg. crumbled feta cheese or crumbled vegan cheese
Red pepper sauce Edit
- 1 x 13¾-oz. can water-packed roasted red peppers, or 2 roasted red peppers
- 1¼ cups nonfat milk or soymilk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or soy margarine
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp seasoning salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
To make the Napoleons Edit
- Open the puff pastry sheet out flat, and slice it in half across the 3 fold lines.
- Cut the halved sheet into 3 strips along the fold lines for a total of 6 pastry rectangles.
- Reserve 2 of the rectangles for another use.
- Place the remaining 4 pastry pieces on the baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and set aside.
Red pepper sauce Edit
- Meanwhile, rinse the 2 roasted peppers, cut 4 strips to the size of the pastry pieces and set aside.
- Put the remaining red peppers into a blender or food processor with ½ cup milk or soymilk, and purée until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the flour until well blended.
- Add the remaining milk, and continue cooking until the mixture starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and stir in the puréed peppers, salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally until ready to serve.
- Steam the asparagus spears until tender, for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spray a 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
- Beat the eggs, stir into the skillet and cook until set, lifting the edges so any uncooked eggs run underneath.
- Turn the cooked eggs out onto a large plate, and slice the eggs into 4 uniform rectangles to layer on the pastry.
- Reserve any remaining cooked egg for another use.
To assemble the Napoleons Edit
- Cut each piece of baked pastry in half lengthwise.
- Layer an egg rectangle, 1 tablespoon of cheese, 1 rectangle of roasted pepper and 4 asparagus spears onto one-half of the pastry, and top with the remaining piece of pastry.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven, and place on individual serving plates.
- Top with about ¼ cup of the red pepper sauce, and sprinkle each serving with equal amounts of remaining feta cheese.
- Serve hot.