Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pork Salad with Mint, Peanuts and Ginger
A very refreshing taste experience that paired well with a bottle of Gewurztraminer that I wanted to use up. We use the lettuce to make little bundles of the salad. This recipe is from the book "Thai Cooking Class" by Asia Books.
- 500 g ground lean pork or finely chopped pork (~1.1 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried chilies
- 1 teaspoon finely sliced fresh chile
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, sliced into 2 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, fresh
- 2 tablespoons coriander, fresh,chopped,leaves and stems
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- In large saucepan place minced pork with water; cook slowly over med heat until pork is cooked through but still tender.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, fish sauce, dried and fresh chile.
- When cooled, add onion, shallots, peanuts, ginger, mint and coriander leaves.
- Toss lightly.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves and garnish with mounds of peanuts, ginger and chile.
- Decorate with mint and coriander sprigs if desired.