Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 6 no: Trotters, cleaned and ready to cook
- 8 no: Marrow bones
- 2 cup: Onions-sliced fine
- 2 tbsp: Ginger-garlic paste
- mint leaves for garnish
- 1/4 tsp: turmeric
- 1 tbsp: Coriander powder
- 1 tsp: chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp: cinnamon powder
- 6 no: Cloves
- 6 no: black cardamom, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup: lemon juice
- 1/2 cup: coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup: oil
- 2 tsp: salt or to taste
- Heat oil and sauté onions till brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric and coriander powder and sauté till fat separates.
- Add cinnamon, salt, cloves and cardamoms, stir fry to mix well and add the trotters and marrow bones and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, over low heat for two hours or till bones and trotters are softened.
- Add the lime juice and coriander and simmer another 5 minutes or so.
- Serve hot garnished with the mint leaves.