Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- 2 thick naganegi (or leeks)
- ⅚ cup (200 cc) water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- ½ chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- dash sugar
- 3½ ounces (100g) crabmeat, cooked and shredded
- Cut the naganegi into 1½ inch (4 cm) lengths, and add to a saucepan of boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes, until they are slightly soft.
- Drain and cool.
- When cool, push out and remove the centers, leaving only about 2 layers of skin.
- Combine the water, gelatin, and bouillon cube in a small microwave-safe bowl, cover, and microwave for 1 minute.
- Take out 2⅔ tablespoons (40 cc) of the gelatin liquid and place it in a separate small mixing bowl, add the fresh cream, mayonnaise, sugar and crabmeat, and mix.
- Set this bowl into a larger bowl of ice to chill.
- When the mixture has jelled, use it to stuff the naganegi pieces.
- Refrigerate the remaining gelatin mixture for about 2 hours.
- When chilled, spread it over a serving plate, and arrange the stuffed naganegi on top.