Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Sift together 500 g (1 lb) plain flour,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add 1 beaten egg,
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee or butter,
- 1/2 cup (125 g) yoghurt
- gradually add 1 cup (250 ml) milk or enough to form a soft dough
- Preheat the oven to moderately hot, 200 C (400 F).
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Knead on a well-floured surface for 2–3 minutes, or until smooth.
- Divide into 8 portions and roll each one into a oval 15 cm (6 inches) long.
- Brush with water and place, wet-side-down, on greased baking trays.
- Brush with melted ghee or butter and bake for 8–10 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 8.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.