Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
She obtained this recipe when she was on a Key West Florida Navy base (my dad was career Navy) when she was a young bride. She married in 1946 so we know it goes back at least that far. Exact date unknown
- 2 cups stale bread crumbs
- 4 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- Put bread, milk, nutmeg, and cocoa in bowl.
- Soak 2-3 minutes.
- Beat eggs, Sugar, and salt.
- Mash soaked crumbs and add egg mixture.
- Pour into pudding dish.
- Bake in slow oven about 40 minutes placing dish in hot water.
- Serve with sauce which is made by beating egg white until stiff.
- Add milk, beaten yolk, Sugar, vanilla and cream.
- Stir until smooth.